Using our latest micro-needling device in conjunction with patient derived platelet rich plasma was demonstrated in many research studies to activate hair growth. This micro needling stimulation causes microtrauma to the dermis that induces other healing and growth repair cells into action. The highly concentrated platelet rich plasma (PRP) is then topically applied into the scalp.
HAIR RESTORATION IN DEPTH
by Bruce Freund, D.D.S.
The PRP contains many growth factors that stimulate the hair follicle’s growth. Some patient’s chose to have PRP performed every three (3) to four (4) months as early data suggests regular or semiannual PRP treatments can stimulate hair growth.
PRP SPECIFIC CELLS THAT CAUSES HAIR GROWTH INCLUDE:
1. Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF)—promotes blood vessel growth, cell replication, skin formation;
2. Transforming Growth-Factor-Beta (TGF-b)—promotes growth of matrix between cells, bone metabolism;
3. Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF)—promotes blood vessel formation;
4. Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF)—promotes cell growth and differentiation, blood vessel formation, collagen formation;
5. Fibroblast Growth Factor-2 (FGF-2)—promotes growth of specialized cells and blood vessel formation; and,
6. Insulin Like Growth Factor – (IGF)—a regulator of normal physiology in nearly every type of cell in the body.