Belotero is a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler which gives your face a seamless and natural appearance. The acid gives skin moisture, maintains its glow and adds volume. The treatment is enhanced with natural components which help in moisturizing and adding skin volume. Belotero integrates flawlessly with your skin tissues to create a flawless appearance.
What are its strengths?
The injection is mostly used around the eyes, nose, lips, and chin. It is a fast process that takes 30 minutes to an hour. The treatment was approved by the Food and Drug Administration seven years ago. A certified physician should apply the anti-aging skin care product. After the procedure, you may experience some swelling, and itchiness around the area of application.
In rare cases, users may experience numbness, dry lips, skin discoloration, lumpiness, and hardened skin. When wrongly applied, the injection can lead to blindness, stroke, or permanent scarring. Therefore, it is advisable to seek the assistance of a qualified anti-aging physician for desirable outcomes.
Procedure of application
- The doctor will ask questions to identify whether you are a suitable candidate for the treatment. It is advisable to disclose all the relevant information at this stage.
- Mapping out the area that requires treatment.
- An antiseptic is applied around the area of injection to keep off germs.
- If anesthesia is needed, it is applied. In most cases, it is not used.
- The physician injects around the connective tissues.
- Massaging the area to spread out the filler for seamless integration of new collagen with older tissue.
How does the treatment work?
The body produces hyaluronic acid, but as the body ages, the glands produce less chemical. A Belotero injection induces the acid into the connective tissues enhancing skin moisture, elasticity, and volume. In case you have any severe allergic reactions, let your physician know before the treatment. Some active components in Belotero are lidocaine which acts as local anesthesia and hyaluronic acid which is the action-agent.
Belotero is a fast-action treatment that yields results after a day to a week. You will experience noticeable changes within hours after application. The results will gradually increase within a week.
The treatment remains active for one to one and a half years. After that period, you can have another injection because the changes are not entirely permanent. The period of action is subject to the Belotero product used. Belotero balance is the mildest while Belotero volume can remain active for almost two years.
- Use a qualified, certified, and experienced anti-aging physician.
- Know and understand your allergic reactions to various chemicals.
- Avoid injecting blood vessels.
- Watch out on any severe side effect symptoms.
- Do not use Belotero if you are pregnant or lactating.
- The treatment should not be used on individuals with bleeding disorder.
- Avoid strenuous activities within a day after application.
- Do not use aspirin.
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun.
- Keep off alcoholic beverages.